Please use the NEW support site at help.jeff-net.com --- this site has been migrated (also, please update your software)
Go To help.jeff-net.com
Installing Report Runner Batch and/or Report Runner Viewer and/or Report Runner Documentor
Posted by Jeff-Net Fan Support on 26 February 2011 05:14 PM
Video Tutorial for Manual Install: https://support.jeff-net.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/53/5/video---installing-report-runner
Installation of Report Runner (Batch and Viewer) is simple and straightforward. Following is a list of steps, one-by-one, that will take you from beginning to end:
2) Run the setup executable name Report_Runner_Setup.exe
Note: If running in an environment where your machine is "locked down", you will need to use the "Run As Administrator" function or if on a Terminal Server (RDP), use "Install Terminal Server Application" from the Control Panel.
3) This is the first window you will see (after initialization process)
4) Next, read the Happiness Disclaimer, and click Next
5) Review the license agreement, and click Next
6) Select which product(s) you want to install, and click Next
7) Enter requested information, and click Next; this information is used to (optionally) auto-open a help desk ticket to us if there is any kind of major application crash
8) If you are installing Report Runner Batch, it is now optionally password protected; enter your password, and click Next
9) Enter your Program Files directory (default should normally be used -- do NOT change Jeff-Net\Report Runner), and click Next
10) Enter your Jeff-Net data folder (default should normally be used -- do NOT remove Jeff-Net as last folder), and click Next
Note: This directory MUST BE WRITEABLE by anyone and anything. We store ALL application settings in this directory now (except for some licensing keys that get set in registry). Also, note this directory because this is the only directory (and it's subdirectories) you need to back up to save everything "Jeff-Net" related. If you install this software to another machine, simply copy this directory to the new machine and you should be able resume work immediately.
Important: Make note of the above path. This is your Jeff-Net documents folder. Application data and settings are stored in this folder and sub-folders. Log files are also saved into this directory structure.
11) Enter your short-cut folder (default should normally be used), and click Next
12) You are ready to INSTALL; this is your final confirmation before files start being copied; click >>INSTALL>> to begin
13) This window displays while files are being copied
14) Once the Crystal Reports runtime installation begins (after the main files are copied), you will one or both of the two following windows
NOTE: This install can take a few minutes to run
15) After installation is complete, review the following notice regarding licensing and/or getting an evaluation license agreement, select "I love Jeff-Net" and click Next
NOTE: By default, the first time the software is installed on a machine, you receive a 3 day evaluation license. This ensures that you can begin using the software immediately. Uninstalling does not remove this 3 day evaluation, so if you want a longer evaluation, you must contact us.
16) Installation is complete, and click Finish
17) Start up the newly installed software and enjoy!
Note: By default we set licensing using our licensing server at license2013.reportrunner.com. If your machine is "locked down", have an Administrator run the application the first time so the licensing can be activated. If you have any problems with this or can't get out to the Internet, we will need to issue you a machine-based license, and you will need to send us your seed key (under About Jeff-Net, Licensing Manager)
Common Installation Errors/Issues:
Other Helpful Links: